Targa to coupe resto
Welcome to what we refer to as “The Klassiker”, named this due to it being our biggest undertaking on a project so became worthy of the title. We have completed many many restorations on air cooled Porsche’s due to the rise in value but none that changed the actual vehicle type. Our client asked if we could create something truly different and wild. We had the perfect project car hidden away.
This 1979 911 SC car started life as a targa and along the way someone had altered it to mimic a 964 with original panels. The client stipulated that they would like a coupe please. Not shy of a challenge - we sourced a donor roof from the parts dept and set about the task. The roof took 160 man hours alone and with a tight 4 month deadline ticking it wasn’t easy but if we were to tackle this again we could half that time.
From targa to coupe
Each car receives a personalised body plaque with unique number and date of creation (birth day) complete with its own hardback book to commemorate its completion.
Specification & Features
Reinvented and remastered - Targa to Coupe
- Body: Pre 73 style all steel Coupe recreated from a 1979 SC Targa.
- Colour: Klassiker Metallic Green. Custom mix based on an original Porsche metallic green tinted with 6210 Porsche Light Yellow with additional metallic flake.
- Wheels: 5.5” x 15” Fuchs with 185/50/15 period correct Pirelli Cinturato tyres.
- Trim: All original re-chromed/polished.
- Suspension: Fully rebuilt and re-bushed (15mm lower front).
- Seats: New S style seats in black basketweave.
- Door handles and pockets hand made in steel / black vinyl.
- Period Momo wheel.
- Refurbished gauges with custom Reap Rev Counter.
- New carpets, headling, door cards.
- Fully rebuilt 3.0 SC engine with stock internals.
- Individual Jenvey throttle bodies with DTA race ECU system and custom wiring loom.
- Rolling road mapped to 215 BHP.
- Fully detailed, painted, polished and plated engine with Aeroquip hoses and fittings.
- Fabspeed Maxflow single outlet sports silencer system.
We stand by the quality of our craftsmanship. All Klassiker restorations are backed by a 2 year warranty.
At Klassiker all our projects are unique and individual therefore time scales can vary, however a project of this scale would typically take roughly 6-9 months depending on workload.