1966 Porsche 912 restoration
We were commissioned to take this beautiful 912 back to the specification that it left the Stuttgart factory some 50+ years ago.
Working to a strict budget and time frame the brief was essentially to get the car structurally safe and change the colour from burgundy back to the original Slate Grey.
Under the paint and carpets was a very sorry tale with essentially the whole floor pan needing replacing as well as sills, b-posts, kidney bowls, front tub etc. The tin worm had well and truly had its teeth into this car.
As with all our restoration work new factory panels were skilfully grafted into place and for those rotten areas where replacement panels aren’t available we fabricated steel panels.
The owner wanted to keep some of the interior patina to what was actually a very clean place. New carpets were fitted, seats were reupholstered and the dash was repaired. The engine had previously been rebuilt but required minor maintenance. The suspension was kept to original specification apart from re-bushing.
3 months in the workshop saw the car rolling out for the first time in many years as good as how Porsche intended it to be back in 1966.
"From concept to completion, Klassiker have been a joy to work with. Restoration projects take a great deal of effort, skill and patience and Klassiker delivered on all fronts. The quality of the restoration is second to none."
Phil Berry, Owner.
Specification & Features
A sympathetic restoration of a 1966 Porsche 912
- Repainted to original Porsche 6601 Slate Grey
- Detailed and ceramic coated
- Original Fuchs Alloy Wheels refurbished
- All exterior rubber and seals replaced
- Nickle and chrome refinishing/re-plating of brightwork
- Tailored carpets throughout
- Restored/retrimmed dashboard
- New gauge clusters/switchgear
- Rebolstered seats
- Rebuilt seat frames and polished brightwork
- Fully rebuilt with Shasta big bore piston kit taking it up to 1700cc, Neutex SX2 camshaft and lightened and balanced flywheel, twin Dellorto Carbs.
We stand by the quality of our craftsmanship. All KLASSIKER restorations come with a 2 year build warranty.
At Klassiker each project is unique and therefore time scales can vary, however a project of this scale would typically take around 3 months depending on workload.